About the Foundation
The Ed Coates Memorial Foundation was formed by his wife and children after Ed’s sudden passing in February 2014 from pancreatic cancer. With his spirit in mind, Ed’s family formed a foundation with the hopes of creating a bold, creative, and inventive organization to carry on his legacy. He had deep roots in his own community and held a strong belief in giving back locally but was also passionate about the sustainability of the automotive industry as a whole. His entrepreneurial legacy will live on in the businesses that are born from individuals who have benefited from the Foundation’s assistance.
The Foundation was born through the drive and generosity of Ed Coates. He supported his local community of Maple Ridge and other places across British Columbia in many ways through his business Lordco Parts Ltd. The impact that Ed had on the community was significant and unforgettable. The Foundation will embody these same principles that Ed lived by each day.
Support for The Ed Coates Memorial Foundation will be attained through a number of fundraising initiatives by Lordco Parts Ltd., as well as local community events. The well-known reputation of Lordco Parts Ltd. in the automotive aftermarket community will aid in building support for the Foundation. You can help fund this exciting new initiative by pledging your support through your own fundraising events or by making a personal contribution.
- November 24, 2016 Award Recipient January 6, 2017
- Lordco Holiday Staff Donations Reach $10,000 and Ed Coates Children Match the Amount January 2, 2017
- Annual Charity Golf Tournament Donates $10,000 to Foundation November 24, 2016
- The Ed Coates Memorial Foundation Contributes $20,000 to Maple Ridge School District 42 for Automotive Programs November 21, 2016
- Spring 2016 Awards to VCC Students June 10, 2016
- Eric Hennecke Awarded the Spring Scholarship through VCC May 22, 2016